The American Red Cross Texas Gulf Coast Region opened an emergency shelter Wednesday to assist those impacted by the severe weather that hit Southeast Texas.
The shelter opened Wednesday, January 25, 2023, at Bridge Point Fellowship Overflow in Bridge City at 9 p.m.
Red Cross workers are prepared to provide warm meals, a safe place to sleep, and emotional support for those with immediate, disaster-caused needs, according to a news release by the American Red Cross.
Anyone evacuating to a Red Cross shelter should bring essential items for each member of the family:
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Identification to show residence is in affected area and important personal documents
- Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies, and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula, and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
- Books, games, and other ways to entertain your family and yourself