The Texas Rent Relief Program is here to help. COVID-19 has affected Texans across the state. They have emergency funds available to help Texas renters pay rent and utility bills (including past due rent and utilities). As of February 25, 2021, more than $1 billion in funds is still available.
Both landlords and tenants can use this website to create an account and submit their applications. If you need assistance completing an application, our customer service staff can complete the application with you by phone by calling 1-833-9TX-RENT (1-833-989-7368).
The Texas Rent Relief Program can help renters with the following costs starting as far back as March 13, 2020 (this means you could potentially request assistance for up to 11 months of past-due bills):
- Past due, current, and up to 3 months of expected rent costs
- Past due, current, or up to 3 months of expected utility and home energy expenses
- After the initial 3 months of forward assistance, you can apply for 3 additional months of assistance if funds are still available
For Landlords applying for unpaid or future rent on behalf of tenants:
- All payments must be used to satisfy the tenant’s rental obligations.
- The tenant must sign the application.