Orange County Health Inspector James Scales released his September – November 2019 health inspection report.
Three food kitchens in Orange were inspected and given no score:
- Mount Siani Baptist Church at 1113 North 2nd St., Orange
- First Presbyterian at 902 Green Ave., Orange
- St. Mary Catholic Church, 912 W.Cherry St, Orange
Pre-opening/post-Imelda inspections were given to:
- Brewitas, 2785 Texas Avenue, Suite B, Bridge City
- Panther’s Den Preschool, 5970 White Oak Rd., Mauriceville
- Gator Cafe, 407 Green Ave., Orange
- Tacos “La Shula”, 1918 Strickland Dr., Orange
Perfect scores went to Orangefield Elementary, Bridge City Intermediate, Orangefield High School, Bridge City Elementary, Bridge City Middle School, Orangefield Jr. High, West Orange High School, Red Apron Kitchen, Little Cypress Elementary, North Early Learning Center, West Orange Middle School, Little Cypress Intermediate, Little Cypress Jr. High, Mauriceville School Kitchen, Little Cypress High School,
The scores are, from highest to lowest:
West Orange Elementary, 97
Family Dollar, 3751 16th St, Orange, 95
1B Cheapers, 11365 Highway 12, Mauriceville, 95
Lom’s Seafood, 2507 Macarthur Dr., Orange, 92
Quick Stop, 4208 Western Ave, Orange, 85
Texas Seafood & Steakhouse, 1835 Texas Ave., Bridge City, 84. Followup visits required.
Brick Oven Pizza Company, 1125 Texas Ave., Bridge City, 84. Followup visits required.