- Beautiful – The Carole King Musical – March 19th
- Peter Rabbit Tales – March 25th (Lutcher Incredible Kid’s Event)
- Fiddler on the Roof – March 30th
- Viva Momix – April 5th
- Service League Follies – April 17th
- Diary of a Wombat – April 27th (Lutcher Incredible Kid’s Event)
- Rent – April 30th
Orange County Judge John Gothia has issued a disaster declaration for Orange County effective immediately for the next 30 days..
Provisions within the declaration:
- Any event sponsored by Orange County will cease
- No gatherings of events of greater than 50 people
- Limit visitation in nursing homes and senior centers
- 24 Hour curfew in place for those under 18, not in school, and not accompanied by parent or guardian, or not arriving at or leaving from place of employment
- punishment for price gouging for a variety of goods
Grocery stores and restaurants are left up to decide how to operate.
In anticipation of a Disaster Declaration of Emergency by Orange County, WOCCISD will close its schools out of an abundance of caution beginning on Monday, March 23, 2020. Our district will reassess this closing on or before Friday, April 3, 2020. Our goal is to return on Monday, April 6, 2020.
In the near future, our district will provide information related to a flexible education program. This program will provide educational opportunities in a variety of ways. We are also working on a plan to continue providing student meal service as well. Please be patient with us as we design these programs.
As you know, this is an unprecedented event, and it will take some time to coordinate these educational efforts. We plan to meet with our Leadership team to prepare for this new type of instruction. We will release more specifics later this week.
From Superintendent of Schools, Stacey Brister…
Out of an abundance of caution, LCM CISD will implement a Flexible Education Program (FEP) beginning Tuesday, March 17th, through Friday, April 3rd. Students will not report to school beginning tomorrow.
The FEP will include a blended instructional approach with both online and paper/pencil learning tasks. This plan will vary by grade level. Information regarding academic planning for your child will be sent from your child’s teacher.
The District will re-evaluate this plan on Friday, April 3rd, with a decision on continuing the flexible schedule or returning to school the following week. Parents will be notified of the outcome of this decision on or before April 3rd.
We also anticipate delivery of both breakfast and lunch by district transportation beginning tomorrow on students’ bus routes. We will use School Messenger to notify you of delivery schedules.
As we continue to navigate through the challenges presented by COVID-19, we will continue to update you with information regarding your child’s Flexible Education Program through School Messenger and District Facebook.
Due to the threat of the Coronavirus, numerous changes, cancellations and closures have occurred, including:
- Louisiana Casinos/*Restaurants/Bars/Movie Theaters – All closed March 17th-31st *Restaurants will be drive-thru or take out only.
- Luxe Nail Bar — temporarily closed until further notice
- Orange Chamber of Commerce -The Chamber will be postponing several upcoming events, including: Breakfast Connections, All Ribbon Cuttings, Student & Employee of the Month
- Parkdale Mall in Beaumont – Has canceled Easter Bunny photos.
- Walmart West Orange – Effective March 15, West Orange Walmart’s hours of operation will temporarily adjust to 6 am-11 pm in order to better serve the needs of our associates and community
- Agrilife Extension – canceled all meetings, activities, programs, and events through April 3.
- City of Orange Utilities –Drive-thru lanes are offered at Orange City Hall for utility payments Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. For those unable to visit City Hall during business hours, a dropbox is available in the night drop lane to place utility payments 24/7.
- Orange County Government – Orange County District Court has suspended all jury court hearings through April 30. The only exception will be emergency hearings. Orange County Justice of the Peace offices also will suspend jury trials. Jury Duty will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Orange County Jail – All visitation at the Orange County Jail will be canceled starting March 14, 2020.
- Orange Public Library — Annual Book Sale canceled and will not be rescheduled.
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice – No visitation until further notice.
- TXDOT Travel Centers – all lobbies closed, but restrooms in Travel Centers and Safety Rest Areas remain open
- AARP Taxaide has announced that all Taxaide sites in the country will be closed commencing March 16th until further notice. This includes the Orange Library Taxaide site.
- Community Christian School – Is moving up Spring Break to March 16th-20th. As of right now, they will be offering daycare for the kids. All daycare must bring a sack lunch.
- First Baptist Church Orange Mother’s Day Out Program – Closed through April 3
- Lamar State College-Orange – Spring break extended through March 27
- LCMCISD – LCM CISD will implement a Flexible Education Program (FEP) beginning Tuesday, March 17th, through Friday, April 3rd. Students will not report to school beginning on March 17.
- OISD -Orangefield ISD will close its schools out of an abundance of caution beginning on Monday, March 23, 2020. Our district will reassess this closing on or before Friday, April 3, 2020. Our goal is to return on Monday, April 6, 2020.
- Tekoa Academy -all of its campuses in Port Arthur and Orange will be closed Monday until March 23. Breakfast and lunches will still be available for Tekoa students to pick up. Students who are unable to pick up their meals are asked to call 409-982-5400.
- Texas High Schools – UIL has suspended all contests, practices, rehearsals, and workouts will remain suspended until further notice. At this time, the earliest games and contests may resume is Monday, May 4th. All 2019-20 STAAR Test requirements have been waived.
- WOCCISD – In anticipation of a Disaster Declaration of Emergency by Orange County, WOCCISD will close its schools out of an abundance of caution beginning on Monday, March 23, 2020. Our district will reassess this closing on or before Friday, April 3, 2020. Our goal is to return on Monday, April 6, 2020.
- City of Orange
- Family Fun & Food Fest – March 21 – CANCELLED
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt – CANCELED
- Art in the Park – April 4 – POSTPONED
- Family Game Night – CANCELLED THROUGH APRIL 30
- Cookies & Coloring – CANCELLED THROUGH APRIL 30
- Public Hearing – March 24 – CANCELLED
- Contractor’s Forum sponsored by Orange County Economic Development Corporation – to be rescheduled
- Lutcher Theater – All events through April 30 canceled
- W.H. Stark House – all events canceled and the venue closed through May 1
- Shangri La Botanical Gardens – all events canceled and the venue closed through May 1
- Stark Museum of Art – all events canceled and the venue closed through May 1
- South Texas State Fair in Beaumont – Cancelled