Shangri La Gardens Virtual Adventures are unique environmental education-based lessons, delivered virtually. Virtual Adventures are curriculum-based programs designed to be a tool for the classroom teacher and one that will suit both the traditional and virtual classroom.
Shangri La Educators will provide virtual guidance and explanation of a science-based topic in a 10-12 minute video; post video. Each classroom teacher will have the opportunity to facilitate a grade-level appropriate hands-on science-based activity. Each teacher who is registered will receive a classroom kit containing all materials necessary to complete the post-video hands-on activity in their classroom and instructions on how to facilitate the activity.
Virtual Adventures consist of two parts:
- Part 1: Online video component
- Part 2: Classroom kit containing the supplies for a hands-on activity
Please Note: Registration is required to receive a classroom kit. However, teachers do not need to register in order to watch the Virtual Adventures videos online.
- Schools in Orange County are given preference for classroom kits.
- Orange County teachers may register starting at 9:00 a.m., September 7, 2021.
- Schools outside of Orange County may utilize any Virtual Adventures video, but we cannot guarantee a classroom kit of materials.
- Classroom kit quantities are limited and cannot be guaranteed. Teachers will receive kits on a first-come, first-served basis. To confirm your registration was submitted or if you have questions regarding your submission, please email Jamie Massa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 weeks, please check back with us to ensure we received your request. If you do not receive a confirmation from Shangri La Gardens, please do not plan on receiving a classroom kit.
Reserve your space at https://shangrilagardens.org/virtual-adventures/