Lamar State College Orange (LSCO) will receive $521,660 in emergency financial aid via the CARES Federal Economic Stimulus Package.
Emergency grants will be made available to LSCO students that submit an application and:
- Have incurred expenses related to the disruption of LSCO campus activities related to COVID-19;
- Were enrolled at LSCO during the spring 2020 semester in at least one face-to-face class, face-to-face lab, or clinical course on or prior to March 13, 2020;
- Filed a 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) OR will complete and file a FAFSA on or before applying for financial aid emergency funds in addition to meeting all of the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen that is otherwise eligible to receive federal Title IV aid;
- Assigned a valid Social Security number;
- Registered with the Selective Service (if required);
- Not have a conviction for the possession or sale of illegal drugs;
- Completed a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), or approved homeschool diploma;
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking program during the spring 2020 semester;
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines;
- Not be in default with any federal student loans or owe an overpayment on any federal grants;
Student applications for Student Emergency Financial Aid will be available to LSCO students between May 1, 2020, and May 15, 2020. Students may complete the application for Student Emergency Financial Aid in an online electronic form available on the LSCO Webpage. Students who meet the eligibility criteria but do not complete the application for Student Emergency Financial Aid will not be considered for award.
Students who submit the application for Student Emergency Financial Aid during the application period and who meet the eligibility criteria will be awarded a minimum of $500, pending availability of funds.
LSCO will disburse funds to eligible students on or before May 29, 2020.
- Awards of $500 will serve approximately 1040 LSCO students;
- Awards of $700 will serve approximately 745 LSCO students;
- Awards of $1000 will serve approximately 520 LSCO students.
Students will be notified via their LSCO student email of their award status on or before May 27, 2020. If approved, emergency financial aid funds will be disbursed to LSCO students in the following manner:
- LSCO Students who have direct deposit information on file will be paid via direct deposit;
- Checks will be mailed to all LSCO students who do not have direct deposit information on file.