The implementation of a Work Safe, Play Safe, Stay Safe Initiative has been instituted by County Judges in Hardin, Jasper, Jefferson, Newton, Orange, and Tyler counties.
This Initiative provides guidance to the public and retail service industry in areas such as what is, and is not, allowed during the COVID-19 crisis.
Financial institutions will continue to be able to operate with drive-through teller lanes and restaurants may continue to operate with pick-up and delivery services.
This Initiative will be observed until such time as the current crisis has been averted or until more stringent restrictions are needed. We are hopeful that adherence to the Initiative will alleviate the need for a more comprehensive Order that would include more stringent sanctions and penalties for violations.
Under this order:
- Go to grocery, convenience stores or warehouses (LIMIT VISITS TO THESE LOCATIONS TO ONE FAMILY MEMBER PER HOUSEHOLD)
- Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
- Go to medical appointments (check with your doctor or provider first)
- Go to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru
- Care for or support a friend or family member
- Go outside, take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog or exercise- just keep at least six feet between you and others
- Walk your pets or take them to the veterinarian if necessary
- Help someone get necessary supplies
- Receive deliveries from businesses that provide delivery service
YOU SHOULD NOT:
- Go to work unless you are providing essential services
- Visit friends and family if there isn’t an urgent need
- Maintain less than a 6-foot distance from others
- Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility or other residential care facilities (unless the facility website provides limited exceptions)
Additional information concerning the Emergency Order Addendum may be found at http://www.co.orange.tx.us/.