The City of West Orange is excited to announce the Adopt-A-Street Program has been enacted and applications will begin on Earth Day, April 22, 2022.
The mission of the Adopt-a-Street program is to clean and beautify the community through volunteerism and to encourage community participation by promoting community pride in clean neighborhoods.
Any individual or volunteer group (minimum 2 people, however, 10 to 12 people recommended) willing to make a two-year commitment to clean a section of a city street.
Groups include, but are not limited to:
- Community groups
- Church groups
- Youth groups
- Employee groups
Any streets inside the city limits of West Orange are eligible to be adopted with the exception of
- Irving Street
- Western Ave. (between Foreman Rd & Hwy 87)
- FM 105 (between Hwy 87 & Pearson St.)
Once a group has adopted a street, they are responsible for the following:
- Scheduling clean-up dates and notifying West Orange City Hall Public Works Dept. at 409-883-3468
- Obtaining safety vests (or brightly colored shirts) and grabbers recommended
- Monitoring any volunteers during the clean-up event
- Contacting WO City Hall after each event with a status report
Those interested in participating will be able to apply at the West Orange City Hall, 2700 Western Ave. or online here.