Two local women are kicking off a new event in Vidor, the Vidor Sunday Market. The Vidor Sunday market is an artisan-driven open-air vendor market featuring local creative vendors, small businesses, food, and entertainment. The Sunday Market Vidor location is 1140 N Main St. in Vidor next to Hushpuppy!
April Garcia and Buffie Scott Champagne started this market to help bring something good to the community of Vidor and to help other small businesses get their name out there.
Garcia adds, “I always loved going to markets, but as a mother of four, it is a stressful day for myself and my kids because they are bored! Buffie and I came up with the idea to create this market to be a family-oriented event that everyone, no matter their age, can enjoy it! After many meetings with the City Manager, other surrounding businesses and organizations, and our landlord, we launched the first Sunday Market on April 3, 2022.”
Their vision for this market is to offer fun things for kids to do, plus a variety of vendors to offer homemade goods, as well as entertainment to the community. They are striving to establish Sunday Market Vidor as more than just a vendor market with the goal to create a family-oriented event that promotes and supports the Vidor community.
A portion of proceeds made from Sunday Market goes directly back into the Vidor community through donations made to the Vidor Christian Care Center.
They are already looking ahead to the October Sunday Market planned for October 16, 2022. During the October event, every vendor will have a free “game” for kids to do play and pass out candy in a Trunk or Treat/Vendor Market collaboration.
Future plans include offering a Sunday Market Vidor twice a year, once in fall and again in the spring.
Vendor applications can be picked up at Vidor Nutrition or Champagne Charcuterie.
Current vendors include:
- Pride Cheer Company offering a children’s craft project
- Christy Bailey and The Pampered Chef
- Galaxy Grub with freeze-dried food
- Evadena with clay jewelry
- Southern Styled Bows with bows, bloomers, and boutique children’s clothing
- April Showers Florist with floral designs and bouquets
- Joyce’s Jellies with homegrown jams and jellies
- Airhedz Art with unique and custom stickers
- Lacey’s Scent Shack with a variety of Scentsy products
- Bobz Smokehouse with homemade beef jerky
- Big G’s BBQ and Catering with ribs and BBQ
For more info, contact April Garcia at 409-466-3513 or Buffie Scott Champagne at 409-350-6492 or visit their Facebook page.