City of Vidor HOT (Hotel Occupancy Tax) applications for 2022 to 2023 are available from July 27, 2022, to August 19, 2022. They are also available at City Hall between 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
To apply for a portion of the City of Vidor’s HOT funds, you must be part of an organization in the City of Vidor that attracts visitors to the City of Vidor, TX.
Through the Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Program, qualified events are able to apply for funds from the City of Vidor. The mission of the Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Program is to provide funds to directly enhance and promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry by applying to one of the following seven statutorily provided categories:
- Funding, improvement, or maintenance of a convention center or visitor information center.
- Paying the administrative costs for facilitating convention registration.
- Advertising, solicitations, and promotions that attract tourist and convention delegates to the City or its vicinity.
- Expenditures that promote arts.
- Funding historical restoration or preservation programs.
- Funding costs in certain counties to hold sporting events that substantially increase hotel activities.
- Signage directing tourists to sights and attractions that are visited frequently by hotel guests in the municipality.
For more info, please contact Betty Strong, City Secretary 409-769-5473 ext. 141 for more information.