The Texas Department of Transportation will be hosting a public hearing regarding the widening of Interstate 10 from FM 3247 to the Sabine River Bridge in Orange County, Texas, on Thursday, Feb. 20. 2020, at West Orange-Stark Elementary, 2605 Martin Luther King Drive in Orange.
The purpose of the public hearing is to gather input on the proposed widening of I-10 from FM 3247 to the Sabine River Bridge in Orange County, Texas. An open house will take place from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. where displays will be available for viewing and the public may come at their convenience. The public hearing will begin at 6 p.m., which includes a formal presentation and comment period. Comments must be received on or before Friday, Mar. 6, 2020, to be a part of the official public hearing record. This public hearing was originally set for Dec. 12, 2019, but is now rescheduled to this date.
The proposed project involves:
- Widening I-10 from four lanes to six 12-foot wide lanes with 10-foot wide inside and outside shoulders
- Widening the existing I-10 Adams Bayou main lane bridge to include an additional 12-foot lane in each direction
- The entrance ramp west of Adams Bayou for eastbound traffic would also be relocated to the east and the entrance ramp east of Adams Bayou for westbound traffic would be relocated to the west
- Replacing the Sabine River Relief bridge with a new bridge consisting of six 12-foot wide lanes and an acceleration lane in the westbound direction
- Based on public feedback received at the previous public meeting on Feb. 7, 2019, the Adams Bayou frontage road bridges would be removed; however, the turnarounds would remain. All work is proposed to occur within the existing right of way (ROW); therefore, no displacements or relocations of residences and businesses would occur. The total project length is approximately 4.84 miles.
Any environmental documentation or studies, maps showing the project location and design, tentative construction schedules, and other information regarding the project are on file and available for inspection Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the TxDOT Beaumont District Office, 8350 Eastex Freeway, Beaumont, Texas 77708. To schedule an appointment, please call (409) 898-5745. This information will also be available for inspection at the public hearing. Additionally, responses to comments received will similarly be on file and available for inspection once they have been prepared.