The staff at Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center invite local residents to explore the beauty of the gardens, enjoy wildlife and the outdoors, and experience the wonderful seasonal changes in Southeast Texas late in the year.
The center is open Tuesdays – Fridays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and admission is free of charge.
Shangri La has implemented a range of practices to ensure the safety and well-being of their visitors and staff during the COVID-19 outbreak including optional timed ticketing to maintain adequate social distancing. Due to COVID-19, they have reduced their garden capacity. For your safety and enjoyment, they recommend that you reserve a free timed ticket for the specific day and time you plan to visit. Limited walk-up entry is contingent upon availability.
To reserve timed tickets, click here.
Other safety precautions they have implemented include:
- new signage and a one-way route through the gardens
- mandatory mask use during entry and all indoor spaces (mask use is optional throughout the gardens)
- limited maximum occupancy in select indoor locations
- additional hand sanitizing station
- increased cleaning schedule in public areas
- some areas remain closed (including our Café) for the safety of the public