- Bridge City CISD classes resume Monday.
- Vidor ISD schools will be closed through at least Wednesday.
- Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD will try and start school again on Thursday, September 26, if at all possible. If arrangements cannot be made for Thursday, an alternate date will be given parents no later than Tuesday, September 24. Staff who are able will report to work on Tuesday, September 24. More details can be found here.
- West Orange-Cove CISD will resume class Tuesday. Friday, which originally was a student holiday, will be a regular school day. Superintendent Ricky Harris says the Middle School cafeteria will be open to feed all students of the district from 12-2 pm.
- Orangefield ISD will resume class on Wednesday, September 25. Friday 9/27 was originally scheduled to be an early release day. Friday will now be a regular school day
- Lamar State College Orange will reopen for regular classes on Monday. students who have been affected by Imelda and can’t return yet are encouraged to contact Brian Hull, Dean of Students Services, at Brian.Hull@lsco.edu or 409-882-3342.
- City staff asks that residents please keep all waste (pine needles, limbs, flood debris, etc.) away from storm drains when cleaning up debris from their homes and yards.
- Orange County court dockets for Monday morning have been canceled and no jurors will need to report.
- Orange County offices will be back to regular business Monday, September 23, 2019. Essential personnel will be working through the weekend.
- Starting Monday, Sept. 23, the Orange Country Landfill will be open Monday thru Saturday to help with damage caused by Imelda. The fees have been waived for Orange County residents. The hours will be Mon-Fri 7 am-6 pm and Saturday 7 am-5 pm. Citizens are reminded that residential debris only will be taken. No hazardous waste (paint or paint thinner, gasoline, car batteries, oil), no tires, and no green waste (tree limbs or branches).
- City of Orange officials have confirmed that Waste Management will resume their residential and commercial routes, subject to accessibility, in the City of Orange on Friday, September 20, and Saturday, September 21.
- According to the US Postal service, mail delivery to most of the 776** area has resumed. More details here.
Shelters and Disaster Assistance
- The American Red Cross still has shelters open in Orange. The shelters at Orange County Convention and Expo Center, 11475 FM 1442 in Orange has closed. The one at North Orange Baptist Church, 4775 North 16th St. in Oranges open, as is a new one at Orange Church of God at 1907 North 16th Street, Orange Texas 77630. Citizens will need to bring and ID, Change of clothing and medication. Animals will be crated outside under cover.
- Please report your Orange County Imelda damages here. This information is needed to help determine eligibility for a federal disaster declaration.
- FEMA Debris Removal Guidelines in image below.
- Documenting your damage info in image below.
- Protect yourself against scammers using the information here.