The Greater Orange Area Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for the 2021 Citizen of the Year Award., 2021 Community Service Business Award, and 2021 Non-Profit Community Service award. All nominations are due in writing no later than 12 p.m. noon Friday, October 29th, 2021.
To nominate someone for the 2021 Citizen of the Year Award, a detailed written resume outlining the activities of the person being nominated must be submitted to address below: Citizen of the Year Committee – CONFIDENTIAL, C/O Greater Orange Area Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 1073, Orange, Texas 77631.
The rules for the nomination of the 2021 Citizen of the Year Award are:
1. This award will be open to any Resident of Orange County, male or female, that may be, but not need be, a member of the greater Orange area Chamber of Commerce.
2. They should be selected on the basis of their activities during the year for which they are being selected. However, the committee can’t take into account the activities of the individual over the last 3 years.
3. The awards should not be presented to paid professional leaders such as City Manager, County Judges, and others in this category. If circumstances warrant an Honorable Mention can be given to person(s) in this category.
4. The nominations are by secret ballot to preserve the enigma of the winter. If nominees are in a runoff, then only the Chamber Chair, Chairman of the Board. and President will know the results until it is publicly announced at the Annual Awards meeting.
5. Final selection of the recipient of the award will be made by the selection committee. The Chairman of the Board will select the Chair of the committee. The committee chairman will select committee members with a minimum of three.
6. The award will be presented at the chamber’s annual meeting on December 9, 2021.
If you know someone who has served the Orange are a community who would qualify as a 2021 Citizen of the Year award recipient, please send your nomination giving personal information and details of the work done by such a person.
The Chamber is also accepting applications for its 2021 Community Service Business Award. The application for that award can be found here.
Applications are also available for its 2021 Non-Profit Community Service award. The application for that award can be found here.