Lamar State College Orange wants to assist every student during this time of uncertainty and economic unrest. Therefore, during the summer 2020 semester, we will continue providing our students with the hope of a productive and secure future by offering all students – new and returning – the opportunity to pursue their educational goals and enroll in TWO SUMMER COURSES FOR FREE!
The tuition and fees for two 3-credit hour courses in the Summer 2020 semester will be paid for every Texas and Louisiana student who completes and submits a 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and uses LSCO’s school code 016748.
Note: Students who qualify for a Pell Grant and/or other grants will have the tuition and fees for the two free Summer 2020 semester courses paid by their financial aid award. Any student who does not qualify for a Pell Grant and/or other grants will have the tuition and fees for the two free Summer 2020 semester courses paid by LSCO institutional or grant funds. Some courses offer free textbooks (open source).
Steps to apply and register for Summer 2020 semester courses:
- New students. Complete and submit the Admissions Application (www.applytexas.org) for the summer of 2020.
- All students. Complete and submit the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 Financial Aid Application (www.fafsa.ed.gov). Use LSCO’s school code 016748.
- All students. Register for summer classes at LSCO
- New students must meet with an advisor virtually or by phone to register.
- Continuing students can register directly through their self-service account.