The City of Orange Hotel/Motel Tax committee has released applications for non-profit entities within the City of Orange to apply for a portion of the City’s Hotel/Motel Tax funds. Any 501 (C) organization in the City of Orange that attracts visitors to the City of Orange, Texas, can submit applications to the committee. Under Section 351.101 (b) of the Texas Tax Code, revenue from the municipal hotel occupancy tax may be used ONLY to promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry.
Through the Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Program, qualified events are able to apply for funds from the City of Orange. The mission of the Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Program is to provide funds to directly enhance and promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry by applying to one of the following seven statutorily provided categories:
- Funding, improvement, or maintenance of a convention center or visitor information center.
- Paying the administrative costs for facilitating convention registration.
- Advertising, solicitations, and promotions that attract tourists and convention delegates to the City or its vicinity.
- Expenditures that promote arts.
- Funding historical restoration or preservation programs.
- Funding costs in certain counties to hold sporting events that substantially increase hotel activities.
- Signage directing tourists to sights and attractions that are visited frequently by hotel guests in the municipality.
Applications will be accepted May 15, 2023, through July 14, 2023, at 5 P.M. Applied funds must be for activities occurring October 1, 2023, through September 30, 2024.
Applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com or delivered by mail or in person to City Hall, 812 N. 16th Street, Orange, Texas 77630, Attention: Leigh Anne Harrell.
For additional information, please contact Leigh Anne Harrell at 409-221-3325 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Hotel Occupancy Tax Grant Application Form can be found here.