Learning how to be more self-sufficient by discovering how a farm works and where food comes from is the goal of Chosen Weeds Farm’s new Famly Homesteading Classes. Owner/farmer Stephanie Harren will teach families:
- How to raise chickens and ducks.
- How to plant your own veggies with your family’s own veggie plot and all the produce that comes with it
- Milk goats
- Taste goat milk
- How to use herbs
- Product samples including eggs, soaps, and veggies
All classes will be held at the farm in Bridge City. Dates and times of the classes are:
- April 17: 10-12
- April 17: 2-4
- April 24: 10-12
- April 24 1-3
The cost is $150 per family. There is a non-refundable $50 deposit to hold your spot. You can register here for the program.
The homesteading class includes:
- One-on-one instruction from a REAL farmer
- Access to the farmer to ask questions after the class is over via text, email, and/or phone calls
- Farm products at the time of class
- Family garden plot plus all the produce that comes with it
- Farm Tour which includes milking goats
- Learn how to raise ducks and chickens including egg collection, incubation, and using a brooder.
- Some surprise kids’ activities!
For more info, call Stephanie Harren at (409) 749-0184 or visit their website.